James Sixkiller- Guion Miller Application # 8632†† -Admitted, brother of #1539
Postal Address is Collinsville, Okla Ė Cherokee Nation, Indian Territory
Commissioner of Indian Affairs,† Washington, D. C.
†††††† I hereby make application for such share as may be due me of the fund appropriated by the Act of Congress approved June 30, 1906, in accordance with the decrees of the Court of Claims of May 18, 1905, and May 28, 1906, in favor of the Eastern Cherokees.† The evidence of identity is herewith subjoined.
1. State full nameóJames Sixkiller
††††††††††† English name:
††††††††††† Indian name:††
2. Residence: Collinsville, Indian Territory
3. Town and post office: Collinsville,
4. County: Cherokee Nation
5. State: Indian Territory
6. Date and place of birth: 1861 in the Cherokee Nation, I.T.
7. By what right do you claim to share?†† If you claim through more than one relative living in 1851, set forth each claim separately: Through my father, Cricket Sixkiller, who was a son of Six Killer and Betsey Six Killer, whose names should appear upon the rolls of 1835 taken in the State of Tennessee.
8. Are you married: Yes
9. Name and age of wife or husband: Nancy Sixkiller, aged 35
10. Give names of your father and mother, and your motherís name before marriage.
††††††††††† FatheróEnglish name: Cricket Sixkiller
††††††††††††††††††††††† † Indian name:†
Mother ĖEnglish name: Dabora Sixkiller
††††††††††† † Indian name:†
††††††††††††††††††††††† † Maiden name: she was a white woman
11. Where were they born?
††††††††††† Father: In Georgia
††††††††††† Mother: In Georgia
12. Where did they reside in 1851, if living at that time?
††††††††††† Father: In the Cherokee Nation
††††††††††† Mother: In the Cherokee Nation
13. Date of death of your father and motheró
††††††††††† Father: About 1863, during the Civil War††† Mother:† About 1890
14. Were they ever enrolled for annuities, land, or other benefits?† If so, state when and where: Yes, as citizens of the Cherokee Nation, I.T.
15. Name all your brothers and sisters, giving ages, and if not living, the date of death:
††††††††††††††††††††††† NAME.†††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††† BORN.†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† †† DIED.
16. State English and Indian names of your grandparents on both fatherís and motherís side, if possible:
††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††† FATHERíS SIDE††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† MOTHERíS SIDE
†††††††††††††††† Six Killer and Betsey Six Killer†††††††††††††††† On my motherís side they
†††††††††††††††††††††† of Georgia.†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† were all white people.
17. Where were they born? The Six Killers in Georgia
18. Where did they reside in 1851, if living at that time? Cherokee Nation, I. T.
19. Give names of all their children, and residence, if living; if not living, give dates of deaths:
(1) English name: Cricket Sixkiller, (my father) deceased
(2) English name: Frog Sixkiller, deceased
(3) English name: Peacheater (or Anderson) Sixkiller, deceased
(4) English name: Red Bird Sixkiller, deceased
(5) English name: Tail Sixkiller, deceased
(6) English name: Delaware Sixkiller, deceased
(7) English name: Susie† Sixkiller, deceased
(8) English name: Soldier Sixkiller, deceased
(9) English name: Kenick Sixkiller, deceased
20. Have you ever been enrolled for annuities, land, or other benefits?† If so, state when and where: Yes, as a citizen of the Cherokee Nation, I. T.
I desire to claim for my minor children, namely, Carrie Sixkiller aged 11, Pearley Sixkiller aged 7, Joseph Sixkiller aged 5, & Jacob aged 6 months, all of whom are living at home with me and under my care, custody, and control.
††††††††††† I solemnly swear that the foregoing statements made by me are true to the best of my knowledge and belief.
††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† (Signed)† James Sixkiller
Subscribed and sworn to before me this 31st† day of December† 1906.
The Affidavit is witnessed by J.B. Burgess, having known James Sixkiller† for 20 years, and James Murphy for 5 years.
In his supplemental application for minor children James lists his birth at about 1864 near Tahlequah.† He lists Carrie born Oct 4th 1895, Pearly born Nov 6th 1900, and Joseph born May 29th 1902.† All three children born near Collinsville.